New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

File size limitation of 2G?

edited February 2016 in Working With Files
I was wondering when Core will be able to support individual files larger than 2G.  Currently I am not able to use Core for many of the things that I would like to use it.  Every quarter I need to send a disk image or upgrade files to several departments and it would be nice to share them on Core but because the files are often 3-7G, I have to use a different product instead.

I had heard that Core had a feature request to support files that are larger than 2G but it has been a while and haven't heard anything since.  Do you have a timeline for a new release that will support larger file sizes?

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Hi Bill,

Thank you for your post and I certainly understand your concern. I can tell you that the team continuously monitors requests and considers feedback from our community of users for every release.

As for increasing the file size for uploads, there are plans to increase the limit across several OpenText Core subscription plans in a future release.

I will keep you posted on this thread.

Thanks again and that's it for now,

Jay Weir
    Community Forum Moderator
  • Update: OpenText Core Business plan users now have 5 GB max file size uploads and Enterprise plan users have 10 GB max file size uploads. Personal and Team plan max file size uploads are unchanged.

Thanks - Jay.

• Hi Jay, I have an issue working with a customer using Core. I have shared a folder with the customer because the customer needs to share data with us which will help development to analyze issues and enhance functionality of our OCR software. The customer tries to upload a file of about 265 MB - and gets the error message that the file size is too large. Is the file size limit different for external and OpenText internal people? I understand currently it should be 2GB. Please advise. Thank you.

Regards Gisela

• Hi Gisela,

Thank you for your post. Yes file size limit for External and OT internals user are different. Do you know what is file type that the Customer is trying to share to you? Could you please check your account and see if you still have enough space.

Please advise

Edward Ayala
    Community Forum Moderator
  • Hi Gisela,

The current max for the Personal tier account of OpenText Core is 250 MB, so, yes the file exceeds the maximum filesize in this case. The max filesize upload limit increases to 2 GB with a Team account for OpenText Core and 5 GB for Business, with Enterprise at 10 GB. Details are at: core.opentext.com/pricing.

Please let me know if there is anything further you need and I'll expedite a response.

Kind regards,

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications

• Hi Jay,

Your response is over 2 years old but is the information still valid?
  • The information relating to file upload size limit and total storage is current. The details link https://core.opentext.com/pricing is also up to date with information about the difference in "tiers" of OpenText Core.

Thanks and let me know if you have further questions or points for clarification.

Regards,

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications