New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

Quiet install of OpenText Core

Hello,

Is there a guide on how to roll-out the desktop client using System Center or as part of an installation script?
What paramaters should be used to install the desktop client quiet?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Arild,

Good day!

We are now working on this concern. We will get back to you as soon as we get more information regarding this matter.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Marjorie
    Core Community Moderator
  • Hi Arild,

Good day.

I am told that the short answer is, “Yes” – OpenText Core
    can be included as part of a System Center deployment script. As for the
    parameters to be used to have the desktop client for OpenText Core installed
    “silently” I am told by the team that there are “flags” on the customer side
    that can be set (.xml config files where a “/s” switch can be added to make
    things work without user intervention).

In short, the OpenText Core client can definitely be used
    with System Center as part of a system provisioning/configuration.

Marjorie
    Core Community Moderator

• Hi,

If you encounter further difficulty, please contact us via Twitter @OpenTextCore or at otcoresupport@opentext.com.

Thanks!

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications
  • Hi,

May I know where the xml config files are located? Also, is there a parameter (or maybe a registry) I could set to change the default sync folder of Core Desktop Client during installation? We're planning on deploying this via System Center as well.

Thanks,
    Alexis
  • Hi Alexis,

Good day! We hope all is going well with you.

We are working on this inquiry right now, and we will get back to you as soon as we have a more concrete information related to your inquiry.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Marlon P. Tercero
    Core Community Moderator