New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

Info/email when a new document has been added to a shared folder

Hi all,

I'm sharing a Core folder with a customer and I would be interested to know if there's any way to inform the people from the customer who have access to the Core folder when a new document has been added to the shared folder.

I'm thinking about the people having access to the shared folder to receive something like an automatic email telling them about the new document to be available (and maybe a link to it, although this is not mandatory).

I've been diving into existing documentation and I haven't found anything similar to this option.

Kind regards. Javier.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes, Javier, collaborators can manage notifications to have pop-ups on their desktop appear when a new file is added. This is done via the desktop client for OpenText Core. There are currently no email notifications for new document additions, however, new drafts and versions trigger a notification via email if the user selects that.

So, short answer is, yes, if your collaborators download/log in to the desktop client for OpenText Core, they can choose to receive real-time notifications when files are added to a shared folder.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications