New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

System Center deployment

edited December 2018 in General
Hi,

I saw a previous thread that the Desktop Client may use a silent install switch and may also be configured with an xml file. May I know where the xml config files are located? Also, is there a parameter (or maybe a registry) I could set to change the default sync folder of Core Desktop Client during installation? We're planning on deploying this via System Center as well.

Thanks,
Alexis

Comments

• Hi Alexis,

Good day!

Thanks for posting. We will verify this concern with the Core Team and we will provide update on the forum for "Quiet Install of OpenText Core"

Thanks!

Reden Borbor
    Core Community Moderator
  • Hi Alexis - I will have the desktop client product management team look into this and I will respond back as soon as I know anything.

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications 
  • Hi Alexis,

I have spoken with the team and, unfortunately, no one seems to have System Center expertise. That said, I know our IT department distributes the Core desktop client via System Center, so it must be possible. 

As for changing the default folder location, users can do this quite easily by launching the Core client and selecting the folder location from the sync settings page.

You can download the SCCM Supported installer for Core here:  https://core.opentext.com/download_clients/OpenText_Core_Enterprise.exe ;

If you have further questions, you can contact us at otcoresupport@opentext.com.

Hope all else is well,

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications 
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your response. We know that users can manually change the default sync folder, but we want it to be set to a different location when we deploy the application. This information may reside in the appdata or perhaps the registry, if you could let me know where this data is actually stored, I can add this to the deployment process in SCCM.

I just click on your link above and it says, "File not found".

• Hi Alexis,

Good day!

Sorry about that. You will need to copy the actual URL as there was unnecessary ";" character after the link given. Or, you can click this link below for easier way.

We will check your other inquiry and will let you know once we have the information.

Thank you!

Marlon
  • Hi Alexis,

Happy Holidays!

The development team has confirmed that what you were asking related to pre-defining a sync folder location is yet to be made possible. 

I was advised instead, to create a feature enhancement request for possible implementation in the future releases of desktop client. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if there is anything that we can help you out on.

Marlon