New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

Core Finder extension and icon overlays in macOS Mojave are not working

Hello,

I have noticed that Core Finder extension and icon overlays in macOS Mojave are not working.  I found them to be turned off in macOS settings so I turned them on, but they do not stay on.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your issue in this forum. I would like to confirm if the icon you are referring
    is the Core Client icon? On what version of OpenText Core client are you using?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Reden

Core Community Moderator

• I am using Core desktop client v18.4.2 on macOS Mojave 10.14.2.  

I am talking about the file overlay icons that shows the state of the synced file.  Synced (green check box icon), syncing (blue in progress icon), or failed to sync (red icon).  Additionally this finder extension allows direct access to core sharing window from the synced file.  This all worked in macOS High Sierra.
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for additional information and for getting back to me. I will check this first in our environment and see if I'll have the same behavior. I'll get back to you once reproduced and hopefully can provide you solution or workaround.

Thanks!

Reden
    Core Community Moderator
  • Hi Dave,

Please be informed that we are currently investigating this issue. We have similar reports of the same behavior with the said update from MacOS.  We will definitely get back to you once we have the result of the investigation.

Best regards,

Reden
    Core Community Moderator

• Hi All,

The team is aware of isolated issues related to the Mojave OS update for Mac. These are non-critical issues, similar to the missing overlays you mention, and do not impact the sharing and collaboration features of OpenText Core. Fixes for these issues will be made in future releases of OpenText Core. No impact on file integrity or anything else has been reported - just the "aesthetic" elements such as the overlays.

Thanks for your note and I hope all else is well,

Jay