New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

2 Enhancement Requests

Hi - I have to say the last 12 months have seen significant performance enhancements and other great bells and whistles.  Two items that I would like to put in the hopper for future release of the Core client:

1) When you restart the Core client or just turn your laptop on and Core logs in, the engine takes an eternity to determine if something has changed.  It just runs and runs for almost a day or more before I get the green check mark telling me everything is copacetic.  I assume the engine is scouring my Core folder analyzing every file for a potential change?  When compared to other sync and share engines in the marketplace, this behavior is out of the ordinary.

2) When the engine is running, my laptop fan goes to a deafening roar as the service consumes 26% or more of the CPU.  The laptop becomes unbearably hot after 2mins.  After a day or so after the engine determines that everything is in sync (see #1 from above) and the client has the green check mark, the engine is still consuming an unnecessary amount of processor resources and the fan is still at full bore.  There has to be a way to build better proc resource efficiency inside this service, no? 

Keep up the good work.

Comments

• Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your post!

Kindly raise your concern to otcoresupport@opentext.com to further address your inquiry/concern.

Hoping to hear back from you soon, Bryan!

Thank you!

Regards,
    Jess Nierva
    CORE Community Moderator