New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

Work on older version of my document

How do I access an older version of the document that I shared with my colleague?  I want to be able to review all versions and make updates.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Raimundo,

Thanks for posting to the CORE support forum.

In order to access an older version of a document, all you need to do is click on the version icon beside the name of the document in the file list (IE: v2, v3, v4 etc...).

You will then be brought to a page where you can view all of the versions of the document along with the date/time specific versions were added.

If you have any further questions in regards to this, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Alex
  • How do you make a major version from a minor version?
  • Hello Matthew,

So long as you have the right level of permissions on the file or you are the file owner, you can click on the "Version Ticker" (small oval with a number like 1.1, 1.2, 2.18, whatever) and bring up the Version History. You can review drafts and promote them to major versions using the icons on one of the file's draft/version "cards" -- once you are happy with a draft, you can promote it by clicking on the promote-to-version icon (looks like a document with a clock in the center and an upward pointing arrow at the left).

Hope this helps and let us know otherwise,

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications