New to OpenText Core?
Check out our Getting Started topic for tips, the new Administrator Guide, or visit our YouTube page for helpful videos!
Version Release Notes Archive:
You can now check out the history of current and past releases of OpenText Core in the Release Notes Archive category via the left-hand menu.

Sharing with a group of users

It would be really helpful enhancement if Core would allow us to create groups for our Team account. Then we can share files/folders with the group instead of having to add each user individually.  

Thank you!

Comments

• Thank you for posting this message Marion. We are now asking our Development Team, if this could be added in Core.

Regards,

Edward Ayala
    Core Community Moderator
  • Thank you for the suggestion Marion.  

We have confirmed that this feature is planned for an upcoming release, we will post again when we have a final date for you.

Karen
    Core Community Moderator
  • Hi Karen,
    is there any update on this topic? Maybe it is already possible to do that after the topic had been raised a year ogo?

Thanks
    Reinhard
  • Thanks Reinhard,  I will request an update from our development team.

Karen
    Core Community Moderator
  • Hi Karen,

The group feature would be very useful - do you have an update for us?

Thanks,
     Dane
  • Hi Dane,
    The Groups and importing of Active Directory groups is planned for later in 2016. Thank you for your interest and stay tuned - we'll be sure to update the Community Forum when the feature is live!

Kind regards,

Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications
  • Is there a way to a "viewing only" permission? Right now a Viewer can make a copy of the shared file. How can I stop the viewer from making a copy of it?
  • Hi Serge,

Unfortunately, as with any "view only" permission/access model (at least the most common applications), there is really no surefire way to prevent a user from copying a file. The "Viewer" role in OpenText Core is designed to prevent collaborators from editing, moving/deleting, or adding new drafts/versions of the file. 

Let me know if you have any further questions or would like to continue this topic thread and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Jay Weir
    OpenText Core Communications
  • Is there an update on the requested "group" feature, in which we could give access for a given file/folder to a whole group at once, rather than individually?  The last update I saw on that was in June.

Thanks,

Stannie

• Prances, is it possible to share to a folder to a group vs. individual users?
  • Hello David,

Will check with Dev Team if there's any update on this. Ill get back to you shortly.

Regards,
    Prances Villenas
    CORE Community Moderator
  • Hello Stannie/David,

The team is working to support custom groups – such as “My Team” or “My
    Friends” – as well as Exchange alias groups, like “OTCore Support” or “Global
    Marketing” that come from a corporate server. This concept of "Groups" is planned for the future release. 

Will post update once its released.

Thanks,

Prances

CORE Community Moderator

• hi, is this possible now?
  • Hello - the concept of Groups is still being worked on for a future release of OpenText Core. At this time, you can build a CSV file and cut and paste that into a collaboration/share for frequently shared-with groups/teams. The Release Notes section of this forum has new features and fixes for all versions, which will definitely include the Groups functionality when available.

Thanks and that's it for now,

Jay